On our way into the library the other day Elle was doing her usual 2 year old routine. Stopping to look at anything on the ground, playing in the melting snow with her boots, Stopping in the middle of the parking lot to look at some construction going on. As with most two year olds she is not concerned with moving very fast and has no sense of urgency. I on the other hand was holding Olivia in one arm; who is now by the way 19 pounds and wanting to also play in the puddles, and on my other arm was my oversized purse that overflows with spare diapers and wipes and all the other essentials that we mothers carry around in case of an emergency. (which by the way never happens until the one day we decide to leave it all at home because we won't need it!) Needless to say I was not as interested in all the seemingly fascinating things that were going on as we walked into the library.
I said something to the effect of "Elle let's get a move on, you can't just stop in the middle of the road there could be cars coming" That got her to look up at me as she made her scared face and shouted "Ahhhhh mommy cars, cars and ran to catch up. We finally made it to the sidewalk. We were approaching the doors... correction Olivia and I were approaching the doors. Elle was still lagging behind looking all around at some construction going on. Impatiently, I said something like "If you want to go to the library you need to hurry up, just stop looking all around and let's go." I turn back towards the doors and heard Elle say a few seconds later, "Mommy, I am not looking around anymore" I turn back around and see Elle walking with her hands covering her eyes, she is walking towards me without looking. I burst out laughing and attracted some attention from some people passing by. We both started laughing hysterically. For the rest of the day we went just as fast as Elle's legs would go! I think I will pack the stroller next time!
From the Olivia page: She began crawling on Jaunary 16th. She has not stopped moving since. I forgot about all the things that Elle liked to get into when she started to crawl. For example my plant that Elle liked to have for a snack Olivia also enjoys as well! What a mess.
5 months ago





























No comments:
Post a Comment